ASAL is abbreviated as Algerian Space Agency was established on 16 January 2002 in
Algiers,Bouzareah. It is in charge of the Algerian space program.
- Propose to the Government the elements of a national strategy in the field of space activity and ensure their implementation;
- Establish a space infrastructure to strengthen national capacities;
- Implement the annual and multiannual programs to develop national space activities related to the various sectors concerned and to ensure the monitoring and evaluation;
- Propose to the Government best suited to national concerns and provide space systems, on behalf of the state, their design, implementation and operation;
- Provide the Government a policy of bilateral and multilateral cooperation geared to national needs;
- Monitoring and evaluation of the commitments arising from the obligations of the state in regional and international agreements in the fields of space activity.
The Algerian Space Agency consists of a central structure and four operational entities:
- Centre of Space Techniques (CTS);
- Space Applications Centre (SAC);
- Satellite Development Center (SDC);
- Operating Systems Telecommunications (HKT) Centre.